Monday, July 25, 2011

The Greatest Game Ever Invented III


Da jia hao! Oh how McDonough Gymnasium has given many a basketball fan welcome relief from the Heat Wave of 2011, and some memorable basketball moments. I once again saw my favorite basketball movie Hoosiers the other night on Verizon FIOS as I am about to change to Time Warner in my new Manhattan apartment. I love the scenes where Dennis Hopper says, "I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented!" Also, when Barbara Hershey tells Gene Hackman who plays Coach Norman Dale, "Every game my brother played was the most important thing that ever happened to this family. I just don't get it!" As true basketball junkies who live to see the next game we all understand why this is such a naive question! Please follow our HHC Blogmaster's extensive coverage of the Nike Pro City League at McDonough arena this summer. It is hard to believe there are only two weekends left. This past Saturday night the Tombs rocketed out to a huge lead behind impressive freshmen performances, especially the performance of Michael Hopkins who had 17+ points in the first half. However former Hoya and current Boston Celtic star Jeff Green schooled the young Tombs team at the end of the game. Indeed it has been a great summer of basketball on the Hilltop--the Epicenter of College Basketball in the known world. We are only a little over two weeks from Georgetown Basketball's China trip. Make sure you join our Hoya Hoop Club Fan Page for the most comprehensive information on our basketball program. You can join the Fan Page at: www.facebook.com/HoyaHoopClub
We will be sending you feeds on the team's trip to China. You can go to HoyasInChina to sign up directly for the information on the games, and the trip. As I have just started a new job in Manhattan I cannot attend the trip to China. However, we will keep you informed. I am hoping LicHoya will take care of the yelping in China!

We are Georgetown! Hoya Saxa!

Dr. Thomas A. Wong
Hoya Hoop Club Vice-President & Director of Communications
Proud Member of Generation Ewing

No comments: