Monday, April 11, 2011

Time For Rule Changes?

I have always been in favor of adopting International rules. It is too bad Red Auerbach is still not around. He could always get rule changes to the table. I particularly think the longer 3-point line, and the 30 second shot would make sense. It is strange that the women have a 30 second shot, and the men have a 35 second shot. I agree with Bob Knight that the ball screen is overused today. It is wonderful that there is great parity in men's college basketball today. However, I agree with others that it tends towards more mediocrity and not necessarily better basketball. This year's NCAA final game was by far the worst final I have seen in my entire life. It makes you wonder what is more important today--the NCAA tournament, or the local AAU teams. I hope there are some rule changes soon!

Dr. Thomas A. Wong
Hoya Hoop Club Vice-President and Director of Communications
Proud Member of Generation Ewing

No comments: